Whose Light?

"If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the Lord and rely on your God.
BUT
watch out, you who live in your own light and warm yourselves by your own fires..."  
Is. 50:10,11

How easy it is to try to find my own light switch, to build my own fire, when it seems like God's way isn't working out, or it's taking too long.  I don't even realize what I'm doing.  I don't hear the unvoiced question behind my self-light search: Has God forgotten me?

I just start turning switches and lighting matches.  I have to take care of myself in this dark world.  No one is going to make sure I'm ok if I don't do it myself.  Bring on the worries, the fear, the responsibility, the inadequacy.  I'll fix them.  Just let me find the light switch as I stumble through this freezing darkness.

And then I remember. I remember that I can choose to believe in the light of my Father.  I can choose to wait and to watch for His light to guide my way.  I can choose to trust in Him, letting go of my false security of having my way. And before I even see the path in front of me completely, I am soaking in His warmth and light.  This is where I need to live.  Like a plant that needs light, I need You, Jesus.


Comments

  1. Thank you for pointing me to Jesus! I appreciate how you connect, in a real way, to the text in Isaiah and then pull in the song! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts