Goodbye, Mt. Sinai

Oh, Mt. Sinai.
It is good to see you again,
To behold your beauty, strength, and mystery.
A lot has happened since I saw you last.

Only God can measure a soul.
In my healing, perhaps I sank.
In my growing, perhaps I shrank.
Only God can measure a soul,
From its valleys to its peaks.
He gives truth to tired hearts like mine.
The truth of His love, unchanging.

But I finished--
Weak or strong, I finished.
And now, over the ocean, beyond your clouded peaks
I will fly
To start another journey,
To close another chapter.
And for now, Mt. Sinai,
You are my last goodbye.

(Mt. Sinai is the nickname for a mountain peak I can see from the house I am staying at in Hawaii for a few days as I am here for a follow-up doctor's appointment about my foot.  I spent a lot of time looking at it a few months ago when I had my surgery.  It's like seeing an old friend.  It makes me poetic. :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts