I Want Jesus to Walk With Me

I want Jesus to walk with me
I want Jesus to walk with me
All along my pilgrim journey
I want Jesus to walk with me

 
In my trial, Lord, walk with me
In my trials, Lord, walk with me
When the shades of life are falling
Lord, I want Jesus to walk with me

In my sorrow, Lord walk with me
In my sorrows, Lord walk with me
When my heart is aching
Lord, I want Jesus to walk with me 

In my troubles, Lord walk with me
In my troubles, Lord walk with me
When my life becomes a burden,
Lord, I want Jesus to walk with me

Last Sabbath, I sang this in a trio for church.  I feel like it describes this year well, and as I look ahead...I know I still want Jesus to walk with me.  He's the only one who can walk the whole way with me, and gives me everything I need to keep going, one step at a time.  It also makes me think of my foot, and the journey of healing it's taken to just be walking.  I may not be running with Jesus, or hiking, or jumping...but as long as I can keep walking with Him, I know I'll make it to the finish line.  Here in Yap (next week), and one day in Heaven.

Comments

  1. I wish I could have heard you sing this. I bet it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'll post the video for you when I have decent internet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to hear it too! That hymn always gives me chills.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts