Mount Sinai
I'm sitting in my favorite spot here at the Rasmussens' house...the back porch. From here I see lush green mountains and puffy white clouds and a cute backyard garden--and Mount Sinai. I don't actually know the real name of it, but I like to call it Mount Sinai because the top of it is covered by clouds about 90% of the time. It's a beautiful Hawaiian mountain too. It rises steeply to a razor sharp ridge, its slopes all green and majestically wrinkled.
The other day, as I was taking in the view for the thousandth time, I thought about two things:
1. Next month, I'll think back to this view, and it will be my "happy place." And I'll think, that was so awesome.
2. Sometimes God is a little bit like that mountain. I know He is there, and I know His plan is beautiful...but 90% of the time, I'm pretty much going on faith. I have to rely on my memory of the times I have seen Him, and enjoy the view I already have at least. I might check pictures and maps for outside confirmation of others who have experienced Him from different perspectives. When I do get to see more of Him in real life, and more of His plan unfolds, it's breath-taking. And sometimes the mystery itself is quite beautiful too.
The other day, as I was taking in the view for the thousandth time, I thought about two things:
1. Next month, I'll think back to this view, and it will be my "happy place." And I'll think, that was so awesome.
2. Sometimes God is a little bit like that mountain. I know He is there, and I know His plan is beautiful...but 90% of the time, I'm pretty much going on faith. I have to rely on my memory of the times I have seen Him, and enjoy the view I already have at least. I might check pictures and maps for outside confirmation of others who have experienced Him from different perspectives. When I do get to see more of Him in real life, and more of His plan unfolds, it's breath-taking. And sometimes the mystery itself is quite beautiful too.
| Hawaiian Mount Sinai |

Comments
Post a Comment