An Invitation

Well, it's kind of an understatement to say that it's been an interesting year in my life.  It has also been a year of seeing God provide in many ways, and learning to humble myself enough to ask for help when I need it.  I won't go on and on to say how against my nature it is to ask for help, especially financially, because I'm sure most people can understand that.  We all like to be independent and have no need of anyone or anything.  But I am learning that if there is a blessing in need, it is to have a better understanding of community.  When I learn that I can help others, but others can also help me, I am completing the true definition of community.  This happens with prayer, with listening, and sometimes even financially. 


To shorten the story, I'm here in Hawaii now getting the best of care for my ankle, and I am so thankful.  But I also have a lot of expenses which I was not expecting when I came back to Yap.  So I'm inviting whoever would like to invest in this interesting story of whatever God is doing in my life, to do so.  The following is the list of expenses I have incurred on this trip.  I have also included some extra expenses that Sophie Anderson, an SAU Student Missionary in Yap who is here taking care of me, also has to cover since we had to change our tickets once we found out we would have to be here for four weeks instead of one.  She is also trying to fund-raise to help with her expenses, and I know she would appreciate the assistance as well.  I put notes next to each expense as to where the money needed to go to, but just email me if you would like to help, and I can give you more info if you would like. 


$150 - return airfare from Hawaii to Guam - insurance will not pay for return fare (pay to SAU)
$290 - return Guam-to-Yap ticket -
insurance will not pay for return fare (Andrea)
$350 - Medical bill - amount not covered by insurance (Andrea)
$350 - Change fee for Sophie's return ticket from Hawaii to Guam (pay to SAU)
$290 - Second return ticket (other was canceled, have to pay for another one) for Sophie, Guam-to-Yap (Sophie)
 $70 - Food/minimal household needs (Andrea)
 $50 - Optional thank-you gift for Rasmussens for letting us stay with them for the month



Thanks so much to so many of my friends and family who have been supporting me throughout this year in so many ways.  

Ready for surgery, Thursday, Feb. 9, 2012



Comments

Popular Posts