Life after Dengue

Apparently, all those things I read on the internet (and my dad's doctor cousin) were right about what people feel like after Dengue.  Some people say it's like mono.  I don't know what that's like, cause I've never had it, but it is a bit annoying.  It's like, in my mind I think I can do things, and then in real life I can't.  I'll think, maybe I'm making this all up and I'm fine, so I try to act like I'm fine.  And then I'm exhausted.  To give you an idea, it's kind of like trying to walk fast or move your arms fast under water.  And then sometimes I feel really shaky--but I'm not really shaking.   Sleeping has also become a wonderful part of my life...mostly at night, but sometimes in the day, just for fun.

In truth, even though it's annoying, there are some thing I like.  I like slowing down and having time to think and pray and read.  I like being able to enjoy the warm(ish) autumn sunshine and the colorful leaves falling everywhere.  It is good to be home with my family.  And it does give me some time to work on a bit of "Yap SDA School Awareness," to help fill that little Yap place in my heart for now.  Last week I made a website, thanks to smart people out there who make user-friendly web-designing sites for free.  Click here if you want to see it.  The video below is posted on the website, but it looks nice here too.

I've also been reading a book about Joseph.  I read it in college, I think, but it's good all over again.  It reminds me that God knows what He's doing, and He will not let any part of our lives be wasted, if we surrender to His way of doing things.  It still seems to take a lifetime to live out that belief however.  But God is patient.  And I'm working on it.  Or I guess He is for me.

Comments

  1. I keep wanting to "Like" your posts and then I remember this isn't Facebook! I REALLY liked that last paragraph on this post... I needed to be reminded of that!

    -Tania-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff. Sorry about the Dengue. Cool vid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts