Invisible Bricks


Invisible bricks
My bag is full of them
And I am very responsible
I will not leave even one behind

People asked me to carry these
Important people, intimidating people
People who say they are serving you
They said to carry them all

Or maybe it is just me
I found them
And no one else would carry them
And they NEED to be carried

Sometimes I try to share my bricks
I hand a few out
To a few people I can trust
But I feel guilty, because I know the heaviness

Oh invisible bricks.
Who told me I was supposed to carry you?
Was it people?
Was it me?
Was it God?

It was not God.
God says to cast my burdens on Him.
He says He wants to carry them.
He’s supposed to carry them, because He knows the heaviness

Why do I keep forgetting?
These bricks are too heavy
I guess I just have to hand them over
Every time I remember

So God, here are my invisible bricks
I am so glad you are strong
And that You love to free me from them
Thank You, God.

Comments

  1. Drop those bricks. God's toes won't even get smashed by them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good word picture for me. I want to ask God if this is His idea given to me OR another thing I came up with that just prevents me from having time to hear and then do His plan. Luv U, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poem reminded me of a song by Superchic[k]

    Superchic[k] - Let It Be

    "Some people bring you gifts
    Some bring you bricks to weigh you down
    So they can swim a little higher while you drown
    Some people mean so well
    Their way was the best way that they found
    But any other way you choose is a brick that weighs you down

    So tell me what do I do with this backpack full of bricks
    Of sticks and stones and words that stuck to me like ticks

    Let it go, let it be, brick by brick we can be free
    Of all the words we saved till we were our own enemies
    Let it go, let it be, brick by brick we can believe
    In the person God intended us to be
    Let it be

    Some people give themselves a brick
    I know most people do
    When we compare we fall short somewhere
    It's always true
    If all we see is where we fall we've bricked a prison wall
    Instead of trying to learn to fly we've taught ourselves to Crawl

    We could believe in ourselves more
    we could try for unique Instead of trying to conform
    We could defy what they tell us don't buy the lies they sell us
    If we're brave we can believe in what we are"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts