Three Things

Three things I've been learning lately:

1.  I need to accept the "me" God has made, and be the best "me" that I can with God's grace.  With the context I am living in, with the gifts I have been given, my life might not look like someone else's, but that's ok.  It's the life I've been given.  Life is made up of choices, but we must learn to accept the choices we are given. 

2.  Instead of looking at what I don't have in life, I can choose to look at what I do have and be thankful for those things.  I may not have lots of money, but I live in Yosemite.  I may have lots of student loans, but I also have been blessed with an incredible education.  I may not be dating anyone, but it simplifies some decisions as I look at my future.  I may not know how everything will turn out in my future, but I do have a God who does, and Who will walk me through it.

3.  And finally...Home is wherever God sends me.  It is also with family and friends and Christian community.  But it seems that the most secure and fulfilled "home" feeling I can have, is when I am serving Him wherever He has called me.

Comments

  1. I like #2. That's a good perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all good thoughts- # 1 especially speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely needed to hear that! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts