News

Sometimes I forget to talk about things that are actually going on in my life, and not just the lessons I learn from them.  So here are a few news headlines from my life at the moment.

1.  My brother, sister-in-law, and parents surprised me with a set of new (used) snow-skis and boots!  I came into the room with everyone singing "For She's a Jolly Good Fellow" (my parents singing through Skype), and a tall box in the middle of the room.  Rachel said it was a boyfriend, but I thought it was too skinny for that.  I was delighted to find some 160 Rosignal skis and Solomon boots.  I already have a couple free passes from skiing with the Wawona kids school program.  All I need now is some fresh snow.  My family is the best.

2.  I am going back to Yap.  After praying for several months about it, the doors unbelievably opened, and I'll be leaving in July for at least a two-year commitment.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous, but I would be nervous about committing to anything long-term.  I can't think of anything else I'd rather commit two years to right now though.  I'm really thankful that God has been helping me through this whole process of readjustment and that I even get the bonus of going back. (Oh yeah, and I need to raise some money for a plane ticket...so let me know if you're interested...)

"...I would not forget you.  See, I have written your name on My hand."  Is. 48:15, 16

Comments

  1. Woo! So awesome that you got skis! And going back...thats incredible! I am so happy for you. Though I would be happy if it was another place too. The knowing and the peace it brings are nice to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have the next phase figured out! So good. Are you going to be the registrar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you have it figured out too...but couldn't you figure out a way to bring Yap just a little closer to home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah! To bad it wasn't a boyfriend in a box, then you could take him to Yap with you. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I read your blog to know what's happening in your life since skype conversations fail to move past professional advice. =) It was good to talk to you yesterday! And thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts