Save the Trees!

Some people are tree-huggers, and some people are not.

I am. My grandma is most definitely not.

In the last few months, she's cut down at least four of them in the yard, if my counting is right, and as I write this, I hear the chainsaw as another one is going down. And this one is one of my favorites. It makes me sad. But it's not my house or my trees, and I won't be staying here for the rest of my life. So my mouth is closed, and down they go.

Which reminds me of a rumor about the Biology Trail perhaps being taken over by a road in Southern's "master plan." I'm pretty sure if I was a student when that happened, I would tie myself to a tree on the Biology Trail like a true hippie. I might even find my way back as an alumni, just for the experience.

Comments

  1. If that rumor becomes reality, I don't think I will ever give Southern any money. I'm sure they'll miss my millions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same. I'll hold back billions if Southern does something that dumb. In the meantime, let's build a tree house village in the canopy and get orphans to live there so it can't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I know some kids from downtown we could adopt... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this post is great and the commentary makes it even greater.

    I like all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the word verification for that last post was "enoch." Made me wonder what HE would think of cutting down trees. The Bible says he walked with God; maybe he walked with Him on the biology trail...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and then the word verification for this post was "mating," but I'm not going to try very hard to link the biology trail and mating. Other people do that.

    ba-dum-ch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please can we tie ourselves to a tree and protest even if it doesn't happen? I'd come back to do it!! Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Collegedale cops will be able to arrest you because there is now a sign posted forbidding camping, staying out after dark, and just about every other thing I once did on the Biology trail. Except the drugs;I never did any drugs on the Biology trail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They can't arrest us if we're tied to trees. Especially if we make really good knots.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts