I Can Make You Cringe

Last week, I was washing some dishes in the sink, and picked up a small knife.  I ran the sponge over the blade of the knife, and somehow, my thumb was lower than the sponge, and it ran right across the sharp blade.  It was a lot like a paper cut, except with a knife.  It hurt, it bled, and it healed.

This week, God is interrupting my life, cutting into my plans and my soul.  It reminds me that I don't know the plans He has for me, and they might be different than I thought.  But I see Him mysteriously leading to where I least and most expected, and all I can do is surrender the known and the unknown and praise Him.  It hurts, it bleeds, but mostly it is full of unexpected healing and wholeness.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Andrea. Yesterday in the midst of my prayers I found myself telling God that He was breaking my heart. I then realized that was His point. Getting a heart of flesh hurts. But, it's the best kind of hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, glad you can see the upside to that pain. its not always easy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuts hurt. They scar. They make good stories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts