We're All Second-Graders
This week I discovered that we are all a lot like second-graders. God, as our teacher, has an entire universe, an infinite history of wisdom, a Heavenly Kingdom to reveal to us. He is the best Teacher in the universe. And yet we are often content to live in our second-grade reality. There are so many notes to write, even if we do have bad handwriting and grammar. There are so many pencils to sharpen, erasers lost in someone else’s desk, bathroom breaks, and water spills. And the sad things is…we don’t even know what we’re missing. God looks at us with compassion. He knows what we need to know. He knows how crucial it is that we learn it. He tries to get our attention, and sometimes that means time-out or extra walking at recess. Sometimes it works, but only for awhile. Our second-grade reality pulls us back in, calls to us. It just feels more real and more important than whatever is going on in front of the classroom.
I am praying that God will help me to pay attention. I want to listen to what He has to say, and learn the secrets of the Kingdom. I don’t want to stay in second-grade forever. I may still fall back, and start worrying about who has more stickers, or who has my favorite book, but God is patient. He understands where I am at, and He won’t leave me until the lessons are learned, and His Kingdom is planted firmly in my heart. At the end of the day, may I only bear the image of my Teacher.

Amen to having the BEST TEACHER EVER!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad we have a teacher who is humble and gentle.
and the more we learn His truth (which is THE truth)--really taking it to heart--the more freedom we experience. Can't skip His school!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the thoughts. Mom ox
...what He is doing IN you and THROUGH you... Thanks for sharing His work and your growth with us. From one second-grader to another, I really appreciate your blog posts.
ReplyDeleteYes I understand.
ReplyDelete