When You Don’t Want to Get Out of Bed—Rejoice
Have you ever had one of those mornings where you just don’t want to get out of bed and face the challenges of the day? I’m having one of those right now. So I really wasn’t in the mood for Paul’s chipper advice in Philippians 4. It doesn’t help that we all know he was in prison for sharing his faith—and still cheerful. Kind of just rubs salt in the non-morning-person wound. But as I let the words in, and as I keep praying for God to change my heart, I feel a subtle shift. Still not excited about the day but at least a little more at peace about it. Here are some tips from Philippians 4 that I plan to keep in front of me today:
1. Rejoice in the Lord
2. Don’t worry—pray and thank God for what He’s done already
3. Experience God’s peace
4. Fix my thoughts on the beautiful
5. Learn how to be content in any situation
6. I can do all things through Christ
7. Trust God to supply all my needs


Comments
Post a Comment