Standing on the Promises
November is the month of thankfulness, but after elections, I'm afraid a lot of people are not feeling very thankful. In my own struggle with elections and issues in our church in the last few months, I've seen the value of God's promises. I think He drew me to just the right ones for this season, and they continue to encourage me.
Sometimes I'll write down a verse that speaks to me that day on a whiteboard in my room. I can fit about three weeks worth, and then often I'll just leave it up for a few weeks. I still have the verses up from October 5 - 25, and am thankful for this bank of promises that is helping me stay a bit more grounded in the chaos. Since I'm about ready to clean my board, I decided to type them out and share them here so perhaps they can bring courage to others.
Sometimes I'll write down a verse that speaks to me that day on a whiteboard in my room. I can fit about three weeks worth, and then often I'll just leave it up for a few weeks. I still have the verses up from October 5 - 25, and am thankful for this bank of promises that is helping me stay a bit more grounded in the chaos. Since I'm about ready to clean my board, I decided to type them out and share them here so perhaps they can bring courage to others.
“Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh the joys of those who trust in him!…Those who trust in the Lord will never lack any good thing.” - Ps. 34:8,10
“We are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.” - Rom. 8:37
“And we are God’s household, if we keep up our courage and remain confident in our hope in Christ.” - Heb. 3:6
“Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.” Ps. 26:4
“Because he himself was tested by what he suffered, he is able to help those who are being tested.” - Heb. 2:18
“I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken for he is right beside me.” Ps. 16:8
“Let us cling to him and never stop trusting him.” - Heb. 4:14
“Our greatest desire is that you will keep right on loving others as long as life lasts, in order to make certain that what you hope for will come true.” - Heb. 6:11
“But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” - 2 Thes. 3:3
“All things are possible to him that believes.” - Mark 9:23
“Yet I am confident that I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.” - Ps. 27:13-14
“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” - Is. 40:31
“Let Your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in you alone.” - Ps. 33:22
“For I know the plans i have for you,’ says the Lord. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.’” - Jer. 29:11
“This is My command—Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” - Josh. 1:9
“Without wavering, let us hold tightly to the hope we say we have, for God can be trusted to keep his promise.” - Heb. 10:23
“So you see, it is impossible to please God without faith.” - Heb. 11:6
“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.” - 1 Cor. 2:9
“For this world is not our home; we are looking forward to our city in heaven, which is yet to come.” - Heb. 13:14
“God blesses the people who patiently endure testing. Afterward they will receive the crown of life God has promised to those who love him.” - James 1:12
“I will keep you safe if you turn back to me and calm down. I will make you strong if you quietly trust me.” - Is. 30:15


Reading these gives you more than a "shot in the arm". They give you a shot in the heart. And this sick-of-sin heart needed it. Thanks, hun. And I really like this picture at the end.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. Thank you for sharing. I think I'll add some to my tile.
ReplyDelete