When the Rain Comes

It's been raining for like 10 days straight.  Or at least three days.  But it feels like 10 because it's been cloudy for a long time, with one or two breaks here and there.  Anyway, today I thought of a song that was on my top 10 favorite song list when I was a Freshmen in college.  Yes, a long time ago.  I remember listening to it while I fed my pet hermit crab, "Something."  I'm pretty sure I made my roommate, Jacqui, listen to it as well, in our cute little dorm room on 1st East in Thatcher.  This was back when I was a huge Third Day fan.  I went to a few of their concerts, and played their music loudly in my Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight (my grandma's old car).  Now that you have the setting (rain, Freshmen year, and my current life circumstances, which I didn't mention until just now)...here are the lyrics, and a link to the song at the bottom:

When the rain comes it seems that everyone has gone away
When the night falls you wonder if you shouldn't
find someplace
To run and hide
Escape the pain
But hiding's such a lonely thing to do

(chorus)
I can't stop the rain
From falling down on you again
I can't stop the rain
But I will hold you 'til it goes away.

When the rain comes
you blame it on the things that
you have done
When the storm fades
you know that rain must fall
on everyone
Rest awhile
it'll be alright
No one loves you like I do


 *Here's the song so you can hear it AND experience an early millennium Third Day concert.  Translated into Spanish for your added convenience.

Comments

  1. I'm glad this was in Spanish.
    I'm also glad to be reminded of this song. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts