April 8, 2012
I will praise You, Lord,
When my heart is breaking
And my body is broken.
When I’m alone
When I struggle to accept the way things are,
I will thank You.
I will lay down my pain at your feet:
The tears that no one sees;
The weariness that no one guesses;
The falling when no one is looking.
I praise You…because…
You are all I have left.
You Yourself will come to me
In my emptiness,
In my brokenness.
When I have nothing left,
That is when I have everything—
In You, Jesus.
Your love falls gently like raindrops on my heart.
The breeze of Your Spirit dries my tears.
I might still hurt for a little while,
But I am not alone.
And I would rather have the pain with You, Jesus,
Than to be comfortable without You.
Even so, come, Lord
Jesus.
Amen.

Comments
Post a Comment